Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Activities

This year I decided that I wanted to do something fun with the kids every day for the month of December. I haven't done as much as I wanted to, but definitely more that I ever have before. Here is a quick sampling of what we've been up to. We started with Christmas trees made out of popsicle sticks and sequins. It definitely turned into a project that took more than 1 day and we're still finishing up, but we got a few done. The one below was done by Sydney.

We strung popcorn and cranberries (actually little wooden beads). The kids only did it for about 5 minutes and I had to finish.
The finished project!



This morning we made and decorated sugar cookies. Audrey preferred licking the frosting and at one point I caught her painted frosting on her legs and feet!





Charlie displaying his cookie that he titled "Audrey."








Here are the finished cookies. It was a huge mess but they turned out pretty cute!















2 comments:

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

What great ideas. You are so crafty! The cookies look so good, I want one!

GDuck said...

Wow! Meet SUPER-MOM! Way to go! Lucky kids! ;) I remember you telling me once how excited you were to be a mom and to have snacks ready for the kids when they get home from school. Funny the things I remember!